Jones-Smith, Incorporated - Boogie Woogie / Lady, Be Good Album
Title: Boogie Woogie / Lady, Be Good
Style: Boogie Woogie, Piano Blues
Category: Jazz / Blues
Date of release: 1937
Catalog number: 3459
Size MP3: 2043 mb
Size FLAC: 1770 mb
Vocals [Chorus] – James RushingWritten-By – Pinetop Smith
|2||Lady, Be Good|
Written-By – George Gershwin
- Bass [Uncredited] – Walter Page
- Drums [Uncredited] – Jo Jones
- Piano [Uncredited], Leader [Uncredited] – Count Basie
- Tenor Saxophone [Uncredited] – Lester Young
- Trumpet [Uncredited] – Carl Smith
Both sides labeled as Fox Trots and recorded October 9, 1936 in Chicago, IL.
Side B from "Lady, Be Good"
Later releases on Columbia and Parlophone credit the group as Count Basie's Blue Five, and on other labels as the Count Basie Quintet. At the time of the recording, the band had already been signed to the competing Decca record label, so they recorded under the name “Jones-Smith, Incorporated” (named for trumpeter Carl Smith and drummer Jonathan “Jo” Jones).
Recording dates/locations and performance credits from Jazz and Ragtime Records (1897-1942): A-K.
Made in U.S.A.
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): C 1659
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): C 1660
- Record Company – Brunswick Record Corporation