Captain Beefheart And Magic Band, The - Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller) Album
Title: Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller)
Style: Blues Rock, Avantgarde
Category: Rock / Blues
Date of release: 1978
Country: UK & US
Label: Warner Bros. Records
Catalog number: BSK 3256
Size MP3: 1330 mb
Size FLAC: 1242 mb
|3||Tropical Hot Dog Night||4:48|
|4||You Know You're A Man||3:13|
|5||The Floppy Boot Stomp||3:51|
|6||Bat Chain Puller||5:26|
|8||When I See Mommy I Feel Like A Mummy||5:03|
Lyrics By – Herb Bermann
- Art Direction – John Cabalka
- Design [Sleeve] – Brad Kanawyer
- Drums, Percussion – Robert Arthur Williams
- Engineer – Glen Kolotkin
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jeffrey Norman
- Guitar, Slide Guitar [Bottleneck Guitar], Accordion, Bass [Fretless] – Richard Redus
- Guitar, Slide Guitar, Guitar [Spell Guitar] – Jeff Moris Tepper
- Management [In Association With] – Rupert Surcouf, Jr.
- Management [Project Management & Coordination] – Harry Duncan
- Management [San Francisco] – Regular Moon Management
- Marimba, Percussion [Additional] – Art Tripp III
- Mastered By – Phil Brown
- Photography By – Alec Duncan, Richard McCaffree
- Producer – Don Van Vliet, Pete Johnson
- Synthesizer, Grand Piano, Electric Piano [Rhodes], Bass – Eric Drew Feldman
- Trombone, Bass [Air Bass] – Bruce Lambourne Fowler
- Vocals, Whistling, Harmonica, Soprano Saxophone, Written-by, Lyrics By, Arranged By, Painting [Cover], Illustration [Back Cover] – Don Van Vliet
Album sleeve comment; "Dedicated to all conservation & wildlife organizations everywhere"
Recorded at the Automatt, San Francisco.
Mixed at Wally Heider Recording, San Francisco.
Produced for Shiny Beast Productions.
Vinyl contained in black & white half-tone print liner wallet with illustration, lyrics & band photos.
Cover painting: "Green Tom" (1976 - 61x46cm)
Back cover illustration onto a lunch bag.
This album represents the official outcome of the fated 'Bat Chain Puller' sessions initiated with Frank Zappa in 1976.
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side run-out, hand-etched): BSK-1-3256-WW1
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side run-out, hand-etched): BSK-2-3256-WW2
- Recorded At – The Automatt
- Mixed At – Wally Heider Studios
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester
- Published By – Singing Ink Music